E55 damper mounting fasteners

• One of the DIY builder from emtb forum figured out the original Dengfu shock to frame mounting fasteners do not fit well to the frame. The hollow bolt barely engages with the hole on the opposite side (it goes to the hole on just 1 mm) and it can cause excessive pressure on small area of the frame under the shock load or strong bottoming of the shock and can cause the carbon fiber frame crack. If it would be a few millimeters longer that would probably be OK, but it just barely engages with the hole and can cause catastrophic failure.

The hollow bolt engages with M6 bolt and that M6 bolt will be under significant stress too with such configuration

I am just before ordering frame but now I am very afraid about proper and safe fastening of damper to frame. Are you able to send me together with frame the corrected (longer) screw/bold for proper damper fastening ?

• Staff member

The designer has measured a length of 1.8mm here and confirmed that there is no problem.

• Thank you Ben so much. Now, I am calm about this. I will order frame for me within next few days

• I have just received my frame E55 in perfect condition and well finished. I recommend this product to everyone who is still thinking about buying. Thank you DENGFU - great work !